Which mother or father can resist a card made and offered by their child or children? In the eyes of ruffled parents, there is nothing like a handmade gift and a beautiful card, made by small hands and big hearts, is a perfect gift to celebrate any occasion.
What do you need?
- Family photos
- Magazines to cut out
- Cardboard sheets
- Paint pencils, crayons and / or markers
How to create a “do it yourself” card?
Creating a “do it yourself” card for a birthday, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or for no apparent reason if it doesn’t offer something to dads, is a “do it yourself” project for children of all ages – the oldest they can easily design the card on their own, while the younger ones may need some guidance and adult help. For the rest, just follow the instructions and create a creative and caring “do it yourself” card:
- Cut out some family photos where the mother, father and children are present – include some photos with the whole family and others where only the mother and child or the father and child are present, depending on the occasion.
- Then browse the magazines looking for images and words that characterize the mother / father or that he / she particularly appreciates and cut out.
- Fold the cardboard sheet vertically or horizontally to form a card that opens and closes.
- Place the family photos and clippings from the magazine on the card, in order to obtain a beautiful collage. When you achieve the desired effect, paste each image onto the cardboard sheet.
- Use markers or crayons to personalize the card with a beautiful message and, if you like, a drawing or two. Don’t forget to tell the child to sign your name too!
- Add an unexpected surprise: if you want to include a small “do-it-yourself” gift on the card you will be offering, use a small rectangle from another sheet of cardboard to create a coupon with a special offer – it may be valid for breakfast in bed , to take out the garbage for a week or take care of the garden for the next month. Decorate the coupon and place it inside the “do it yourself” card: imagine the face of the mother or father, they will love it!
If you wish, you can also decorate the envelope with drawings or other collage, before saving and offering the “do it yourself” card!